Writing Journal 24: Smoking in Public Places

 9.34 AM.

    I hate when people smoke close to me, so I completely agree with banning smoking in public places. I know that everyone is free to do whatever they want, but where is my freedom when you are smoking next to me and I'm inhaling that smoke that could bring very unfortunate consequences? I don't smoke and I have never tried a cigarette because it seems like a disgusting habit, so why should I stand people smoking close to me, putting my health in danger?

    The pandemic has been awful, but if covid has brought something good, that is that people can't smoke on restaurants and bar's terraces. I like to sit outside because, after the pandemic, closed spaces with many people inside tend to make me a but anxious, but so does having people outside smoking close to me. 

    I guess that the more difficult it is to smoke in public places, the less people will smoke, so that's a plus for sure. We should start worrying about legal drugs, such as tobacco and alcohol, because they're a real pandemic, even if most people don't realize it. I look at my classmates and most of them smoke, and they're not even eighteen years old yet! We need to take a hard look at what makes these people start smoking, because it's simply awful. 

    A smoker might say the complete opposite of what I'm saying, I guess, but I think, in this matter, we should put public health above personal freedom. 

9.41 AM.