Writing Journal 29: Music That Is Special to Me

 17.25 PM.

    I was around fifteen years old when I started listening to One Direction (we'll call them 1D), one of the most famous boybands ever. This was pretty surprising to me, because I used to listen to more alternative music, rock or punk, and 1D was neither alternative nor punk, at all. Their music can be described as more of a traditional pop boyband sound, I guess. 

    I've been to two of their concerts in Spain. The first one was when I was in my last year of high school, I was seventeen years old or so; me and my friend had to talk to our History teacher because we had an English test the same day of the show, so he helped us lie to our English teacher so we could go to Madrid. He had absolutely no idea who 1D were, but he helped us because he saw how much it meant to us. I remember the long as f*ck queue when we arrived, so innocent, at our first concert... we had to wait for hours, that wasn't so cool. Oh, but when the show started... I think I was starstruck, and then I started crying (of happiness, of course, and I just couldn't stop hahahaha). It was such an important moment for me, seeing my favorite artists live. 

    Then I grew up, they grew up, separated, started going their different ways... and I've always thought that I have a great eye for musicians, because my favorite, Harry Styles, has a great solo career and I love his music. Harry's style is more similar to his idols, Fleetwood Mac, and to alternative rock music, so it's more to my liking. Moreover, he's a great person, you can see how good he is by just looking at him. I went to his show in Madrid and it was amazing (btw, I don't cry at concerts anymore hahahahaha). He's also started a career as an actor and, surprisingly, he's pretty good.

    To sum up, even if I don't listen to 1D anymore, their music is still special to me, and I enjoy it when a song comes on the radio. I'm sure that, if they were to get together again, I would go to a show.

17.42 PM.